THE MILBLOGGIES |
September 09, 2008
It is time to make your nominations for the Third Annual Milbloggies:
Rules and Instructions
The Milbloggies Award recognizes military bloggers for their contribution to blogging, news and information, and to the military over the past year.
Nomination and Voting Overview
1. A military blog can be nominated ONLY once by the same registered user. However, a user can nominate as many military blogs as they wish.
All nominations must be submitted online through Milblogging.com by 11:59 pm EST on Wednesday, September 10th, 2008.
2. The top five nominees in each branch category will be announced on Thursday, September 11th, 2008 and those nominees will move into the Voting Phase beginning September 11th, 2008.
3. Nominees may be military blogs that belong to the following branch categories in the Milblogging.com database:
U.S. Air Force
U.S. Marine Corps
U.S. Military (Parent)
U.S. Military (Spouse)
U.S. Military (Veteran)
U.S. Military (Supporter)
4. To nominate and/or vote for a military blog, you must be signed in to the website. Registration is quick and free and you will not receive any SPAM. This helps maintain the integrity of voting by reducing possible click fraud. To place your nomination, simply click on the listing in the Milblogging.com database, and click the Nominate button that appears at the top of the military blog profile.
5. To vote for a military blog (once the nomination phase is over), a chart will be published that includes the top nominees in each category, along with the ability to vote.
The Voting will close on Sunday, September 14th at 11:59 PM EST.
6. Winners will be presented awards at the 2008 Milblog Conference in Las Vegas on September 20th at the Blog World Expo. Winners are not required to attend the conference in order to receive their awards.
USAA sponsored the Second Annual Milbloggies. Last year's awards included: a digital camera, plaque, and a $1000 donation to Project Valour-IT. USAA will also be sponsoring the Third Annual Milbloggies.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Feel free to send an email to email@example.com
You can also discuss and chat about this year's Milbloggies with other members in the Discussion Boards.
Stay updated on the Third Annual Milbloggies, by visiting the Milbloggies Home Page.
Current Standings (Third Annual Milbloggies)
View Branch Nomination Standings